FOR YOUR PROFIT
The focus is on the metal extraction, as metals typically finance recycling efforts. However, “by-products“ such as electrical energy, bromine, salts, construction material (…) have their place in the recycling chain as well. UrbanGold follows the approach of a stepwise development: Depending on the novelty of a concept, a project can start directly with plant design, but also in the early stage of a literature research and lab scale tests.
Based on the raw material – or alternatively the desired products – a recycling chain with all its internal circuits and special features is developed. Depending on customer requirements the (mechanical) preparation, auxiliary equipment, environmental technology, energy recovery, but also legal framework conditions are part of the consideration. The recommendation of suitable metallurgical units and their specific features for the designated process is part of the work. The process design is usually the first step in the process modelling phase – which as a product represents a detailed mass and energy balance with a first estimate of the necessary consumables.
In addition, on behalf of the customer, trials can be carried out on a TBRC in pilot plant scale with the raw materials provided to optimize plant design and metallurgical process. The findings are interpreted by UrbanGold in the form
- Lack of suitable standard solutions for secondary raw materials
- Lack of specialized know-how for prospects outside the core business
- Big influence of legal framework and environmental regulations
- Energy efficiency
- Process development for novel recycling solutions
- Process design for established technologies
- Process engineering as part of the overall engineering phase
- Customer tailored recycling solution optimized for a specific application
- Estimation of media, energy, and auxiliary consumption
- Assessment of products amount and quality
- Stepwise approach to precise technical and financial data
- Profound data for go/no-go decisions